Tuesday 27 August 2013

Mac fright

Earlier today I went to help a new academic set up his resource lists. Normally this would have nothing to do with the SCALE-UP pilot but, horrors of horrors, his monitor was connected to a Macbook. Instead of reassuring me that I've got nothing to worry about when in the new teaching room, it made me realise just how different they are to PCs. I definitely need some familiarisation time with one (my Mac-loving son will be earning his keep before he goes back to uni). On a positive note, many of the functions were the same, so providing the students and I don't need to right-click, refresh a page, or use a delete key we'll be fine...

2 comments:

  1. I had my "familiarisation" with the Scale Up room yesterday and got hands on with the Macs. I took Sian with me - she still hasn't forgiven me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got her to demo them to me. She'll think she's under attack!

    ReplyDelete