Wednesday 18 September 2013

Feeling more reassured about the technology

After a really useful orientation session from one of the IS staff, I'm feeling happier about using the technology. I'm now able to control all screens, Apple TV is working, and know where the microphone is. For me, I think this will be the CRUCIAL bit of kit! That, or my trusty whistle from my days of running a Cub Scout pack... The scary part now is the scale of it all, hence the name. The thought of that room full of students is quite daunting, especially if they all ask for help. I'm really hoping they do learn from each other. My feelings swing from downright fear to optimistic excitement. It's refreshing to try out a new method of teaching and, if it's successful for the library sessions, it could be rolled out to colleagues as an alternative way for them to teach their large groups (which seem to grow each year).

No comments:

Post a Comment